The Add to Cart & Redirect app (which you can get here) allows you to specify which page you want customers to be taken to after clicking the 'Add To Cart' button on any given product page (on a product-by-product basis). This feature allows you to show accessories, upsells, add-ons or other products/content on a regular Shopify page (i.e. collection page, info page, product page, etc.) rather than being forced to show them in a limited-functionality pop-up or modal window, as with other apps.
Click here to download the Add to Cart & Redirect app from the Shopify App Store. On this page, click the green 'Add app' button and then follow the prompts to add the app to your Shopify store. You'll see that our app includes a 14-day free trial before the first $6.99 monthly billing (which is processed by Shopify as part of your regular monthly Shopify subscription).
- How the app works
- Authorize the app in Shopify Theme Editor
- Create the 'atc_redirect' metafield
- Configure product-specific redirects
How the App Works
IF the product has a value (i.e. a URL) entered in the 'atc_redirect' metafield...
THEN add the product to the cart AND redirect the customer to the URL contained in that field...
ELSE (aka OTHERWISE) just add the product to the cart as usual.
Authorize the App in Shopify Theme Editor
Create the 'atc_redirect' Metafield
- Navigate to the Settings > Custom data page in your Shopify admin panel.
- In the list of fields, select the 'Products' item.
- Click the 'Add definition' button in the top-right corner.
- In the 'Name' field, enter this text exactly: atc_redirect
- The 'Namespace and key' field will default to 'custom.atc_redirect' - just leave this as-is.
- Enter whatever text you'd like in the 'Description' field. This is just a note to you about what the metafield is used for. You could enter 'Paste the full URL of the page to redirect to upon ATC button click' (but you can enter any text you want).
- In the 'Access' box in the top-right corner of the page, check the 'Storefronts' box. The app will not work if you don't check this box.
- Click the 'Select type' button. Then scroll to the bottom of the list and select 'URL'.
- Click the 'Save' button.
Configure Product-Specific Redirects
Now that you've created the 'atc_redirect' metafield, all of your product pages in the Shopify admin panel will list it as an option in the 'Metafields' section at the very bottom of the page, as shown in this screenshot...
If you want customers to be redirected to a specific page after clicking the 'Add to Cart' button, simply paste the full URL (including the 'https://' or 'https://www.' prefix) into the 'atc_redirect' metafield. You can specify the redirect URL on a product-by-product basis.
If you do not want customers to be redirected after clicking the 'Add to Cart' button for any given product, just leave the 'atc_redirect' metafield empty (blank).
Bulk Edit. Shopify unfortunately does not allow you to bulk edit product metafields in exportable/importable product feed file. You can, however, bulk edit product metafields using Shopify's bulk editor feature on the 'Products' page in the Shopify admin panel. Follow these steps to bulk-edit the 'atc_redirect' metafield for multiple/all products:
- Within your Shopify admin panel, navigate to the 'Products' page.
- Using Shopify's built-in filtering options, filter to show only the products you want to bulk edit.
- Check the boxes of all products you want to edit, then click the 'Edit products' option in the toolbar.
- When the bulk editor page loads, click the 'Columns' button/link in the top-right corner. Scroll down to the 'METAFIELDS' section and select the 'atc_redirect' item. Once you check the box, a new column entitled 'atc_redirect' will be added to the grid.
- Enter (or paste) the redirect URL for each product into the 'atc_redirect' field.
- Make sure to click the 'Save' button in the top-right corner of the page to save your changes.
Still Have Questions?
We're here to help! Simply submit a help ticket.